open position:Junior / Senior Software Developer(s) for C# / .NET (m/f/d)
Starts Now (CoWorking Space OR Home Office based (EU-wide))
Junior / Senior Software Developer(s) for C# / .NET (m/f/d)
To build a new software team, esqLABS are seeking two (Junior/Senior) Software Developers for C# / .NET (f / m / d) to help us develop cutting-edge software for the life sciences (i.e., pharma) industry as part of the core development team of the cross-industry open-source project “Open Systems Pharmacology” (OSP, www.open-systems-pharmacology.org).
esqLABS is an innovative, internationally acting CRO, and one of the key players in the application of the OSP software for consulting across the industry. As such, you will be part of a strongly intradisciplinary team, including engineers, pharmaceutical scientists, physicists, and bioinformaticians.
The OSP is an established software solution in use by major big pharma companies for more than two decades for the analysis of biological and medical (clinical) health & medication data to extract and translate knowledge for decision making.
As a part of the multi-stakeholder open-source software project “OSP”, you, as a team of two, will develop software as part of the core development team in collaboration with highly experienced experts, including software developers from Bayer AG, the original developer of the OSPS.
You will have the chance to help re-define the standards for software used for data analysis in Life Sciences (pharmacometrics & quantitative systems pharmacology).
Our aim, with YOUR contribution, is
- to make this software the leading tool in the market for physiological modelling, and
- to re-imagine the functionalities based on our know-how and process knowledge to anticipate our customers’ needs, and the requirements by health regulators, and
- to stay ahead of the now rapid changes in health care information technology (i.e., developing innovative software-based approaches for (big)data analysis to replace animal testing).
Your skills I (required for junior & senior level)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or 3+ years of experience and a track record of projects (e.g. on GitHub) if no degree has been obtained
- Ideally working knowledge of C#/.net (standard)
- Experience with code versioning systems (Git)
- Ability to write unit tests using Mocking frameworks
- Ability to effectively work with team members & customers around the globe in a virtual environment
- Agile mindset, problem-solving skills, and willingness to embrace change & new technologies
- Fluency in English
Additional skills II (required for senior level)
- A track record of successful software projects
- Experience in developing, releasing and maintaining productive applications
- Experience with agile practices (SCRUM, CI/CD, PP) as well as experience with CI/CD toolchains (GitHub/GitLab, AppVeyor/Travis)
- Good working knowledge of C#/.net (standard)
- Working knowledge of software engineering principles (Design Patterns, SOLID)
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of dynamic systems modeling or machine learning
- Experience in Scientific Software Development (R, SBML, Python, Matlab)
- Experience with C++
- Eperience in SW Dev in Unix environments (Linux)
- Experience in Cloud-Technologies such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, …
- A passionate and dedicated team with people who are always willing to broaden their horizon
- Flexible work hours and a home office policy that focuses on people and not on numbers
- An attractive remuneration package
- A dedicated budget for education programs and conferences you can attend
- A working environment in which your contribution will make the difference
- Sounds like a fit? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application via firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you require any further information, feel free to contact Dr. Stephan Schaller on +49 151 58559070