open position:Senior R Developer (R packages)) (f/m/d)
Starts Now (CoWorking Space OR Home Office based (EU-wide or Canada))
Senior R Developer (f/m/d)
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated Senior R Developer (Senior Research Software Engineer for R) (f/m/d) to help us develop our R-based toolchain for cutting-edge software within an interdisciplinary environment as part of the core development team of the cross-industry, open-source project “Open Systems Pharmacology” Suite (OSP Suite with PK-Sim®, MoBi®, and R Packages, www.open-systems-pharmacology.org).
esqLABS is an innovative, internationally acting Contract Research Organization, and a global leader in the development and application of the open source OSP Suite (www.open-systems-pharmacology.org). We are a research-focused provider of specialized computational analyses in the life sciences industry (conducting “dynamic systems” modeling and simulation (M&S) and specialized software development). We collaborate with global corporations in the pharma and chemical industry as well as start-ups in the life-science technology sector and academic and non-profit research institutions. We define new standards in pharmacometrics and systems pharmacology, and toxicology. Our platforms help scientists understand mechanisms of disease and toxicity to optimize individualized treatment of patients and protect the health of the animal and human life.
Having started as key expert users of the OSP Suite, esqLABS expanded its activities and is now an active member of the OSP software developer team. In close collaboration with industry and academia, we are committed to software development to fulfill our own and our client’s needs and the needs of the open-source community.
As such, esqLABS has attracted international players as sponsors for the OSP Software development. In addition, funding through national and EU-wide research grants allows us to continue developing our core technologies.
The dynamic team behind esqLABS unites people with different backgrounds, spanning disciplines like pharmaceutical sciences, physics, bioinformatics, mathematics, data science, and software engineering. What unites us is our trust in each other, our open-mindedness, and our constant quest for excellence and innovation. We value flat hierarchies, where everyone can contribute ideas and expertise to develop the best possible product.
As a part of the esqLABS software development team, you will develop the R package environment of the OSP Suite in collaboration with highly experienced software developers.
esqLABS integrates the R environment into its mathematical modeling and simulation workflows for quality controlled analysis and processing of scientific data. Since innovation is the key feature of our work, we often require customized solutions instead of well-established products. Therefore, one of the key aspects of the position will be to develop workflows to leverage R environment for scientific projects in most efficient and user-friendly way.
The following areas of development will be targeted:
- Development of R packages and code for quantitative mathematical analyses for internal use and clients (integration of R and .NET, for modeling and simulation analysis workflows with mathematical models created with the OSP software)
- Solutions for data visualization (ggplot, etc.) and reporting (RMarkdown/Quarto)
- Improving user experience by implementing new features
- Database integrations (e.g. mySQL)
- Shiny applications
- Compilation of training material
In this role, you can help redefine the standards for analysis workflows used for M&S and data analysis in the Life Sciences.
Our aim, with your contribution, is to make this software the market leader and a go-to tool for the industry.
- Master’s degree in quantitative sciences such as engineering, applied mathematics, or similar field
- A track record of successful R package development
- Experience with code versioning systems (Git)
- Experience with CI/CD platforms (GitHub Actions, AppVeyor, etc.)
- Working knowledge of dynamic systems modeling (a plus: in the life sciences) and output visualization
- Agile mindset, problem-solving skills, and willingness to embrace change and new technologies
- A high level of self-organization, allowing you to optimally invest your time and motivation for our mission
- Fluency in English
Nice to have
- Passion for life sciences (biology, pharmacy, chemistry)
- Experience with agile practices (SCRUM, CI/CD, PP)
- Experience in domain-specific software development
- Experience with C++
- Knowledge of C#/.NET
- Good understanding of OOP
- Experience in Cloud-Technologies such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, etc.
- Flexible work hours and a home office policy that focuses on people and not on numbers
- An attractive remuneration package
- A dedicated budget for education programs and conferences you can attend
- A passionate and dedicated team that is always willing to broaden its horizon
- A working environment in which your contribution will make a difference
- Sounds like a fit? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application via email@example.com