open position:R Developer (Research Software Engineer for R (tools)) (f/m/d)
Starts Now (CoWorking Space OR Home Office based (EU-wide))
R Developer (Research Software Engineer for R (tools)) (f/m/d)
To expand our team, esqLABS is seeking an R Developer (Research Software Engineer for R (tools)) (f/m/d) to help us develop our R-based toolchain for the cutting-edge software “Open Systems Pharmacology Suite” within an interdisciplinary environment as part of the core development team of the cross-industry open-source project “Open Systems Pharmacology” (OSP, www.open-systems-pharmacology.org).
esqLABS is an innovative, internationally acting CRO, and a global leader in the development and application of the OSP software (www.open-systems-pharmacology.org) for consulting across the industry. As such, you will be part of a growing software development team among other strongly intradisciplinary colleagues, including engineers, pharmaceutical scientists, physicists, and bioinformaticians.
The OSP is an established software solution in use by major big pharma companies and academia for more than two decades for the analysis of biological and medical (clinical) health & medication data to extract and translate knowledge for decision making.
As a part of the multi-stakeholder open-source software project “OSP”, you will develop our R-based toolchain (R-Packages, and workflows and UIs in R) as part of the core development team in collaboration with highly experienced experts, including software developers from Bayer AG, the original developer of the OSP Suite software framework.
You will have the chance to help re-define the standards for software used for data analysis in Life Sciences (toxicology, pharmacometrics & quantitative systems pharmacology).
Our aim, with YOUR contribution, is
- to re-imagine workflows and functionalities based on our know-how and process knowledge to anticipate our customers’ needs, and the requirements by health regulators, and
- to stay ahead of the now rapid changes in health care information technology (i.e., integration of innovative software-based approaches for (big)data analysis to replace animal testing).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an engineering-related field with 3+ years of experience in scientific software development
- Rich working knowledge of R and package development in R (https://www.r-project.org/)
- Good working knowledge of C++
- Experience in SW Dev in Unix environments (Linux)
- Experience in Cloud-Technologies such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, …
- Experience with code versioning systems (Git)
- Ability to effectively work with team members & customers around the globe in a virtual environment
- Agile mindset, problem-solving skills, and willingness to embrace change & new technologies
- Fluency in English
Nice to have
- Experience in developing, releasing, and maintaining productive applications in a quality-controlled production system
- Working knowledge of dynamic systems modeling or machine learning
- Experience other Scientific Software (SBML, Python, Matlab)
- Experience in C#/.net (standard)
- A passionate and dedicated team with people who are always willing to broaden their horizon
- Flexible work hours and a home office policy that focuses on people and not on numbers
- An attractive remuneration package
- A dedicated budget for education programs and conferences you can attend
- A working environment in which your contribution will make the difference
- Sounds like a fit? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application via email@example.com
- If you require any further information, feel free to contact Dr. Stephan Schaller on +49 151 58559070