OSPS Workshop in BOSTON June 2018
esqLABS is running a one-day hands-on PK-Sim® & MoBi® workshop on integrating PBPK with QSP on Wednesday 27 June at the OFICIO Fenway Meeting Room in Boston, MA.
PK-Sim® & MoBi® workshop on integrating PBPK with QSP
esqLABS is running a one-day hands-on PK-Sim® & MoBi® workshop on integrating PBPK with QSP on Wednesday 27 June at the OFICIO Fenway Meeting Room in Boston, MA on US East Coast. The workshop covers the concepts and application of combining PK-Sim, MoBi and R to build your very own digital platforms for the prediction of clinical trial outcomes by leveraging physiological and mechanistic knowledge to translate early in-vitro and preclinical outcomes to the clinic. During hands-on exercises you will learn how to:
- Build a PBPK model in PK-Sim and compare to observed data
- Integrate mechanism-based pharmacodynamics in MoBi
- Simulate and analyze your PBPK-QSP model in R
This workshop will be held by the lead scientists from esqlabs GmbH with extensive experience in the use of PK-Sim® & MoBi® in all application areas.
While the workshop does not require any prior experience with PK-Sim® & MoBi®, many topics will be of interest even for advanced users.
For more information and registration, please visit EventBrite.
The workshop is currently restricted to 25 participants.
As a use-case for above learnings, we will develop a PB-QSP model for naked antibody pre-treatment (nAb) for antibody-drug conjugates (ADC) treatment of tumor growth, in detail:
|Time (Wednesday June 27)||Topic|
|9:30||Welcome and getting everyone started (solving IT issues)|
|9:45||Lecture: Introduction to PBPK modeling|
|10:30||Hands-On (with Intro): Building a nAb / ADC PBPK model|
|11:15||Lecture: General concepts of PBPK modeling|
|11:45||Lecture: Introduction to MoBi|
|12:15||Lunch Break (NOT INCLUDED! Will go for lunch at a restaurant nearby)|
|13:00||Demo: Introduction to mechanistic modeling with MoBi: target-mediated drug disposition|
|13:30||Hands-On (with Intro): Creating reactions|
|14:00||Hands-On (with Intro): Tumor growth modeling|
|14:30||Hands-On (with Intro): nAb / ADC tumor treatment (PD-Effect)|
|15:15||Hands-On (with Intro): Running simulations with the OSPS R-Toolbox in R|
|16:00||Lecture: Complex PB-QSP models: The Diabetes Platform|
|16:30||Wrap-up and Q & A|
- To download the software, please click here
- Download & install the R distribution (Ver 3.5) from here
- Download & install FREE RStudio Desktop (a GUI for R with additional functionalities for e.g. debugging and code visualization) from here
- For starters, please check out the tutorial site (videos & hands-on) here
- Please add this site to your watchlist (very top of page) to be informed of any changes.
(Managing Director, esqLABS GmbH)