OSPS Workshop @ PAGE 2018
esqLABS is running a one-day hands-on PK-Sim® & MoBi® workshop on integrating PBPK with QSP for in-silico first-in-man PD predictions on Monday 28 May at the Hotel Royal Plaza in Montreux, Switzerland as a Satellite meeting to PAGE 2018.
PK-Sim® & MoBi® workshop on integrating PBPK with QSP for in-silico first-in-man PD predictions
esqLABS is running a one-day hands-on PK-Sim® & MoBi® workshop on integrating PBPK with QSP for in-silico first-in-man PD predictions on Monday 28 May at the Hotel Royal Plaza in Montreux, Switzerland as a Satellite meeting to PAGE 2018. The workshop covers the concepts and application of combining PK-Sim, MoBi and R to build your very own digital platforms for the prediction of clinical trial outcomes by leveraging physiological and mechanistic knowledge to translate early in-vitro and preclinical outcomes to the clinic. During hands-on exercises you will learn how to:
- Build a PBPK model in PK-Sim and compare to observed data
- Integrate mechanism-based pharmacodynamics in MoBi
- Simulate and analyze your PBPK-QSP model in R
This workshop will be held jointly by consultants & scientists from esqlabs GmbH and Bayer AG with extensive experience in the use of PK-Sim® & MoBi® in all application areas.
While the workshop does not require any prior experience with PK-Sim® & MoBi®, many topics will be of interest even for advanced users.
Cost: 300 EUR. Academics & non-profit organization employees 180 EUR to cover the room, lunch and coffee breaks.
For more information and registration, please email Stephan on workshop@esqLABS.com.
The workshop is currently restricted to 20 participants.
As a use-case for above learnings, we will develop a PB-QSP model for naked antibody pre-treatment (nAb) for antibody-drug conjugates (ADC) treatment of tumor growth, in detail:
|Time (Monday 28 May)||Topic|
|8:00||Welcome and getting everyone started (solving IT issues)|
|8:30||Lecture: Introduction to PBPK modeling|
|9:00||Hands-On (with Intro): Building a nAb / ADC PBPK model|
|10:15||Lecture: General concepts of PBPK modeling|
|10:45||Lecture: Introduction to MoBi|
|11:15||Demo: Introduction to mechanistic modeling with MoBi: target-mediated drug disposition|
|13:00||Hands-On (with Intro): Model extension: Tumor|
|13:30||Hands-On (with Intro): Creating reactions|
|14:00||Hands-On (with Intro): Tumor growth modeling|
|14:30||Hands-On (with Intro): nAb / ADC tumor treatment (PD-Effect)|
|15:15||Hands-On (with Intro): Running (parallel) simulations with the OSPS R-Toolbox in R|
|16:00||Lecture: Complex PB-QSP models: The Diabetes Platform|
|16:30||Wrap-up and Q & A|
- To download the software, please click here
- Download & install the R distribution from here
- Download & install FREE RStudio Desktop (a GUI for R with additional functionalities for e.g. debugging and code visualization) from here
- For starters, please check out the tutorial site (videos & hands-on) here
- All registered participants will be informed by email of any changes;
- you can also add this site to your watchlist (very top of page) to be informed of any changes.
(Managing Director, esqLABS GmbH)