open position:Scientific Director PBPK (m/f)
Full Time, Starts immediately (January 1, 2020; Home Office based (EU-wide, with good connectivity to Frankfurt, Germany))
Scientific Director PBPK (m/f)
esqLABS has exciting projects for a highly talented and motivated life-science modeling & simulation scientist who enjoys driving innovations and setting new boundaries in physiologically-based (PBPK) modeling, pharmacometrics, & quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP).
esqLABS is not only an innovative contract research organization for the pharmaceutical, chemical, and food industry specialized in PBPK and QSP, but also a member of the Open-Systems-Pharmacology (OSP) Management Team. We help drive the development and standards of the open domain software (PK-Sim® and MoBi®) within a cross-functional environment with academia and industry to push the boundaries of quantitative systems pharmacology and systems toxicology. esqLABS has gained considerable momentum, providing world-wide services and attracting international players in the pharma and crop industry but also start-ups in the life-science technology sector as clients. In addition, funding through national and EU-wide research grants allows us to progressively further the development of our core technologies.
To help us grow and lead our global PBPK business, we are looking for a Scientific Director for PBPK (m/f) to strengthen our team.
About your new role
Are you a highly talented and motivated life-science modeling & simulation scientist? Do you enjoy driving innovation and setting new boundaries in physiologically-based (PBPK) modeling, pharmacometrics, & quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP)? Then this could be a good fit:
- Scientific lead for our PBPK Business & Strategy development
- Project management for client projects in our PBPK business
- Assess and define regulatory requirements and compile submission-ready reports
- Support customer projects (Hands-on PBPK model development)
- Track use cases and communicate with peers to assess project requirements
- Challenge (project) requirements and engineer feasible solutions from start till end
Skills & experience we require
- 5+ years of experience in applications of PBPK modeling in pre-clinical and clinical development
- 5+ years of experience in leading modeling & simulation projects for clients
- Advanced expertise in domain-specific modeling software (e.g. PK-Sim® / MoBi®, SimCyp®, or GastroPlus®)
- Profound knowledge of the drug discovery and development process
- Profound knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines for PBPK and PD
- Experience in (IND/NDA) submissions
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
Skills & experience that are nice to have
- Advanced expertise in pharmacometric modeling software (e.g. NONMEM®, Monolix, or IQRtools)
- Proficiency in a scripting language for modeling and simulation (ideally R, alternatively MATLAB®)
- A strong understanding of statistics
- Therapeutic domain knowledge: Diabetes, Oncology, Immunology or Inflammation
- Published peer-reviewed articles
What we offer
- A passionate and dedicated team with people who are always willing to broaden their horizon
- Flexible work hours and a home office policy that focuses on people and not on numbers
- An attractive remuneration package
- A dedicated budget for education programs and conferences you can attend
- A working environment in which your contribution will make the difference
- Sounds like a fit? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application via email@example.com!
- If you require any further information, feel free to contact Dr. Stephan Schaller on +49 151 58559070.