open position:Senior Scientist PBTK and QST (m/f/d)
Full Time, Starts May 1, 2021; Home Office based (EU-wide, with good connectivity to Frankfurt or Cologne, Germany)
Senior Scientist PBTK and QST (m/f/d)
esqLABS has exciting projects for a highly talented and motivated life-science modeling & simulation scientist who enjoys driving innovations and setting new boundaries in physiologically-based (PBK) modeling & quantitative systems toxicology or pharmacology (QST).
esqLABS is not only an innovative contract research organization for the pharmaceutical, chemical, and food industry specialized in physiologically-based modeling (PBK and QSP/T), but also a member of the Open-Systems-Pharmacology (OSP) Management Team. We help drive the development of the open-source software (PK-Sim® and MoBi®) within a cross-functional environment with academia and industry to push the boundaries for and set new standards in quantitative systems pharmacology and systems toxicology. esqLABS has gained considerable momentum, providing services worldwide and attracting international players in the pharma and crop industry but also start-ups in the life-science technology sector as clients. In addition, funding through national and EU-wide research grants allows us to progressively further the development of our core technologies.
To help us grow and lead our global PBTK business, we are looking for a Senior Scientist PBTK and QST (m/f/d) to strengthen our team.
About your new role
Are you a highly talented and motivated life-science modeling & simulation scientist? Do you enjoy driving innovation and setting new boundaries in physiologically-based (PBK) modeling & quantitative systems pharmacology and toxicology (QSP/T)? Then this could be a good fit:
- Project lead for our participation in the 5-year EU research project OnTox (WP-leader for kinetics and major contributions in quantitative AOP)
- Scientific Methodology & Strategy development
- Project management for client projects in our toxicology risk assessment business (QIVIVE, PBTK, qAOPs, and QST)
- Assess and define regulatory requirements and compile submission-ready reports
- Support customer projects (Hands-on PBK / QSP/T model development)
- Track use cases and communicate with peers to assess project requirements
- Challenge (project) requirements and engineer feasible solutions from start till end
Skills & experience we require
- 5+ years of experience in applications of mechanistic modeling in toxicological risk assessment and/or pre-clinical and clinical development
- 5+ years of experience in leading modeling & simulation projects for clients
- Advanced expertise in domain-specific modeling software (e.g. R (httk) / PK-Sim®, SimCyp®, or GastroPlus®)
- Advanced expertise in a scripting language for modeling and simulation (ideally R, alternatively MATLAB®)
- Profound knowledge of the toxicological risk assessment and/or drug discovery and development process
- Profound knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines for PB(T)K and toxicological risk assessment
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
Skills & experience that are nice to have
- Advanced expertise in toxicological risk-assessment related modeling software (e.g. PROAST for BMD)
- A strong understanding of statistics
- Therapeutic/Toxicology domain knowledge: Developmental Neurotoxicity, Hepatotoxicity (or DILI), Nephrotoxicity (and/or diseases such as Diabetes, Oncology, Immunology or Inflammation)
- Experience in regulatory submissions
- Published peer-reviewed articles
What we offer
- The opportunity to lead and shape a fast-growing business-area
- A passionate and dedicated team with people who are always willing to broaden their horizon
- A home office policy with flexible work hours and that focuses on people
- An attractive remuneration package
- A dedicated budget for education programs and conferences you can attend
- A working environment in which your contribution will make the difference
- Sounds like a fit? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application via email@example.com!
- If you require any further information, feel free to contact Dr. Stephan Schaller on +49 151 58559070.