open position:Systems Scientist Modeling & Simulation (m/f)
Starts January 1, 2019 (Munich area or Home Office based (EU-wide))
SYSTEMS SCIENTIST M&S (m/f)
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated life-science systems scientists, keen on driving innovation and setting new boundaries in pharmacometrics & quantitative systems pharmacology.
esqLABS is an innovative service provider for pharmaceutical industry in modeling and simulation and software development. We work with international companies and academic institutions to define new standards in pharmacometrics & quantitative systems pharmacology.
We have gained considerable momentum in our first year. Among our customers are international players in the pharma industry but also start-ups in the life-science technology sector.
Our success enabled us to get significant public funding to continue the development of our core technologies. Within a research project we will transfer our Diabetes M&S platform to a clinical decision support system to optimize treatment of patients in the clinic. Therefore, we are looking for a Systems Scientist Modeling & Simulation (m/f) to strengthen our team.
About your new role
- Model & algorithm development for a precision medicine (point-of-care) decision support system
- Support of customer projects (model development and optimization)
- Track use cases and communicate with peers to assess project requirements
- Challenge technical requirements and engineer feasible solutions from start till end
- Maintain your models and code in a smart and modern test- and release-environment
Skills & experience we require
- Strong proficiency in dynamic systems modeling, model analysis and model optimization
- 2+ years of experience in applications of dynamic systems modeling in Biomedical Science, Engineering, Pharmacometrics, or a related quantitative field
- Strong proficiency in (nonlinear optimization with) a scriptable modeling and simulation language (ideally R, alternatively MATLAB®)
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
Skills & experience that are nice to have
- Advanced expertise with domain-specific modeling software (e.g. PK-Sim®, SimCyp® or MoBi®)
- Advanced expertise in R package development
- Experience (in quantitative analyses) in Life-Sciences (academia or industry)
- Published peer-reviewed articles
- Familiarity with the drug discovery or development process
- Previous experience in therapeutic areas: Diabetes, Oncology, Immunology or Inflammation
- Experience working in a cross-functional team
- Experience with version control tools (SVN or git)
- A strong understanding of (statistical) analysis of longitudinal, continuous or categorical data, within a multi-level hierarchy
What we offer
- A passionate and dedicated team with people who are always willing to broaden their horizon
- A dedicated budget for education programs and conferences you can attend
- An attractive remuneration package
- Flexible work hours and a home office policy that focuses on people and not on numbers
- A working environment in which your contribution will make the difference
Sounds like a fit? Then we are looking forward receiving your application! Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org!