pre/post QSPC 2020 OSP-Suite Workshops
two hands-on PK-Sim® & MoBi® workshops on PBPK and PBPK-based QSP on Tuesday and Saturday 21th and 25th of April 2020 as satellite meetings to the QSPC2020 meeting in Leiden, Netherlands
PK-Sim® & MoBi® workshops on PBPK and PBPK-based QSP
esqLABS is running two hands-on PK-Sim® & MoBi® workshops on PBPK and PBPK-based QSP on Tuesday and Saturday 21st and 25th of April 2020 as (pre & post) satellite meetings to the QSPC 2020 Meeting in Leiden, Netherlands.
Learn to create your very own PBPK and PB-QSP platforms by combining PK-Sim, MoBi, and R. The workshop will commence with a brief introduction to the basic concepts of PBPK. We will quickly switch to hands-on exercises in which we will cover use-cases for DDI, pediatric analyses and PBPK/PD for biologics.
Within the two workshops, you will learn how to:
Workshop 1 / Day 1:
- Build a PBPK model in PK-Sim and compare simulations with observed data
- Learn how to model drug-drug interactions in PK-Sim (DDI)
- Learn how to consider age-dependency in PK-Sim (Pediatric Analyses)
- Conduct population simulations in PK-Sim and MoBi
Workshop 2 /Day 2:
- Integrate mechanism-based PD in PK-Sim & MoBi
- Conduct parameter identifications in PK-Sim & MoBi
- Simulate and analyze your PBPK-QSP model in RStudio
The two workshops will be held by consultants and scientists from esqlabs GmbH who have extensive experience in the use of PK-Sim® & MoBi® in all application areas.
While the workshop does not require any prior experience with PK-Sim® & MoBi®, many topics will be of interest even for advanced users.
Workshop 1 PBPK (April 21, 2020)
Golden Tulip Hotel
2316 XB Leiden, Netherlands
Workshop 2 PB-QSP (April 25, 2020)
Fletcher Wellness-Hotel Leiden
2333 CW Leiden, Netherlands
You can register for each workshop separately or for both at a reduced price.
You can Register on Eventbrite:
- Register, and select either: DAY 1 only, DAY 2 only, or BOTH days.
Each workshop day is currently restricted to 15 participants.
Registration includes coffee- and lunch breaks.
The use-cases within the workshops will be based on published examples.
On the first day, we will develop PBPK models for small molecules for DDI and pediatric analysis.
On the second day, we will work on PBPK for biologics (antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs)) and develop a PB-QSP model considering tumor growth inhibition.
The two workshop days are scheduled as follows:
Day 1 (21st April, 2020)
Day 2 (25th April, 2020)
1 (21st April, 2020)
- BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOPS, pre-installed with the software! We will be doing hands-on work!
- To download the software, please click here
- Download & install the R distribution (Ver 3.5+) from here
- Download & install FREE RStudio Desktop (a GUI for R with additional functionalities for e.g. debugging and code visualization) from here
- For starters, please check out the tutorial site (videos & hands-on) here
- Please add this site to your watchlist (very top of page) to be informed of any changes.
Visit our News & Events Section for info on additional workshops in the future and news on our future developments in physiologically-based quantitative-systems-pharmacology.
(Managing Director, esqLABS GmbH)