Boston PBPK/PD Workshop September 2019
esqLABS is running a one-day hands-on PK-Sim® & MoBi® workshop on PBPK/PD of Small Molecules and Antibodies on Thursday 19th of September 2019 at the Workbar (Big Bang Room), 45 Prospect St, Cambridge, MA 02139.
PK-Sim® & MoBi® (OSP Suite) workshop on PBPK/PD of Small Molecules and Antibodies
- Build small molecule and antibody/protein PBPK models in PK-Sim and compare to observed data
- Learn how to model drug-drug interactions in PK-Sim (DDI)
- Extend/adapt the physiology of your PBPK model in MoBi
- Integrate mechanism-based pharmacodynamics in MoBi
- Conduct parameter identifications in PK-Sim and MoBi
- Simulate and analyze your PBPK-QSP model in R
This workshop will be held by consultants & scientists from esqlabs GmbH with extensive experience in the use of PK-Sim® & MoBi® in all application areas.
While the workshop does not require any prior experience with PK-Sim® & MoBi®, many topics will be of interest even for advanced users.
To register for the workshop, please visit EventBrite.
The workshop is currently restricted to 15 participants.
Registration includes coffee- and lunch breaks.
As use-cases for above learnings, we will
- model and simulate drug-drug interactions with midazolam and itraconazoile
- build a PBPK/PD model for use of antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) in tumor treatment in detail:
|Time (Thursday September 19)||Topic|
|9:00||Welcome and getting everyone started|
|9:15||Lecture: Introduction to PK-Sim® & MoBi®|
|9:45||Hands-On: Building small molecule and mAb/ADC PBPK models in PK-Sim®|
|10:15||Lecture: Parameter Identification using PK-Sim® and Mobi®|
|10:45||Hands-On: Parameter Identification|
|11:15||Lecture: PBPK concepts: Drug-drug interactions (DDI) with PK-Sim®|
|11:45||Hands-On: Modeling drug-drug interactions (DDI) with PK-Sim®|
|13:30||Hands-On: Introduction to mechanistic modeling with MoBi: Target-Mediated Drug Disposition|
|14:00||Hands-On: Tumor growth and tumor treatment modeling|
|15:30||Hands-On / Demo: Running simulations with the OSP Suite R-Toolbox in R|
|16:30||Wrap-up and Q & A|
BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOPS! We will be doing hands-on work!
- To download the software (WINDOWS ONLY!), please click here
- Download & install the R distribution (Ver 3.5+; 64 Bit) from here
- Download & install FREE RStudio Desktop (a GUI for R with additional functionalities for e.g. debugging and code visualization) from here
- For starters, please check out the tutorial site (videos & hands-on) here
- Please add this site to your watchlist (very top of page) to be informed of any changes.
Visit our News & Events Section for info on additional workshops in the future and news on our future developments in physiologically-based quantitative-systems-pharmacology.
(Managing Director, esqLABS GmbH)